Tuesday, August 09, 2011

I'm a SURVIVOR!!

I did it! I made it through an entire week without Adam. This was definitely a challenge. I learned something really important this week- it's not smart to be alone with 5 kids and no close family at the end of the summer. Everyone is tired of everything - each other, their friends, their lack of structure, the heat...you get the picture.


Sooooo, after a few days of bickering and general fussiness we decided to go to La Crosse for the day. We started out by eating our favorite cheese bread from Jeff & Jim's by the river.

Then we walked along the boardwalk, throwing rocks whenever possible.

Then, we hit up the Children's Museum. Jackpot! The entire 2nd floor had been transformed into Clifford's town. Here are Hannah and Josiah in Cleo's yard.


After the day in La Crosse went so well, I thought we'd make it till dad came home. Wrong. Back to bickering and fussiness. So, I decided another diversion was in order. Off to Eau Claire for the day on Sunday. We churched, hung with friends, played in the river, ate out, shopped and played with our old neighbors.


Here are the kids with some friends at Owen Park. Sooo fun!



Of course, we HAD to get together with Charles and Ellen. We love eating at Red Robin when we're in Eau Claire and they are good enough to tolerate it with us. it's noisy and there are TV's to drown out our chaos - what family of 7 wouldn't love this place??

And now, the Rev is home and all is well again. Now, if I can just catch up on a little sleep...


2 comments:

CJ Olson said...

You are amazing!! Way to make it a week without help with 5 kiddos!! Hope you can catch up on sleep and enjoy the rest of summer before school starts!!

Janelle said...

I'm going solo this week too and I'm getting to the end of my rope. I think I'm just tired. I can't even imagine having three more kids to wrangle! You're a super star!