Monday, August 27, 2007

just a little bit of heaven....

The Epideral: God's gift to pregnant people.
Andrea is getting fitted for her "epidermal" as I call it. We are hoping she can get a bit of sleep or rest now. Andrea is doing really well, all things considered. I don't really think she is enjoying the contractions, but we know that the worse it gets the closer it gets. They just broke her water a little while ago and I think it will be months until I feel comfortable eating Chinese food with chopsticks again. Anyway, Andrea still has a ways to go to be fully ready for action so and then I hear that "pushing" part could take a while. That sort of puts us into the late PM hours of August 27th, but hey, ya never know, right?

So I got an hour break as Andrea was getting her drugs so I hit up Taco Johns. Soft shell tacos, taco bravo, potato oles, and Mt. Dew. Yep, things are going well in Eau Claire. Grandma Berge is on her way. She should hit MLPS right around rush hour - thanks mom. :)

Anyway, I better get back to the room to comfort my lovely wife. Hopefully she can get some rest and I can get a little reading done - good thing I brought Luther's Small Catechism, eh?

Thanks for your cares and prayers,

Adam

6 comments:

The Erickson Family said...

Adam, what is happening with Andrea sounds similar to what we experienced. Once they broke my water, the contractions came on extremely hard. I hope Andrea will be able to rest well. Can't wait to hear/read of his arrival!

CJ Olson said...

Hope all is going well...Adam good luck reading your small catechism. I hope that Andrea is able to get some rest and pretty soon you guys will be holding your baby in your arms. That's the most amzing feeling. You guys are in our prayers.

The ‘5 PM’ News said...

Very excited for you guys...I'll say a prayer!
I hear ya on the chopsticks comment.. Had to laugh about that one.

Hallie said...

Drugs are wonderful! Good luck and I'll be praying for you and your new little one.

Chris and Gina said...

Alright! The time has finally come. You will soon have your body back to yourself! I have goosebumps and I'm so excited for you! I can't wait to read more updates! We're praying! I love ya, Andrea!

Anonymous said...

Best of luck to all of you, and especially to Andrea! God bless and I'll be praying for you!